Friday 1 May 2009

"Your Scene Needs YOU!" week 1 of the Luton Music Pod!


Hello and welcome to the Official release of the Luton music Pod!


This has been about eight months in the making and I have to say i'm pretty proud of myself thus far. The last couple of months I have been commuting from Brum to Luton picking up interviews with all sorts of interesting people from Luton, from dudes in steel bands to electro dj’s to people who play the Thermin. I’ve met some great people and been helped so much from a wide range of Lutonians and non Lutonians.


So what has drove me to the idea of this simple Blog and Pod combo you maybe asking, put simply a massive blast of nostalgia and the yearning for way back when. As a lad (not so many years ago) I and my friends grew up on the live music scene in Luton. Regularly hanging out at venues such as The Well but also heading down to London to see fledgling shows of the likes of Bloc party and the Subways. But I always had more fun in Luton, seeing friends playing music supporting them and just enjoying those fleeting years of being a teen. These fledgling years watching bands have always stayed with me.

Now faced with an opportunity of creating something of interest I have turned to the familiar of home, something I know and enjoy the Luton Music scene. This isn’t some crusade to highlight Luton, its live music scene speaks for itself, but more a crusade for the people of the Luton music scene the promoters, The Dj’s the boys and girls in the band. These Podcasts and Blogs will aim to show you the people of Luton and surrounding area about music and the arts and what makes them tick.


The mantra running throughout this project has been the emphasis on YOU. Yes you the one sitting on your bum reading this from your laptop or computer or dare I say it Iphone. The slogan for this project is “Your Scene needs YOU!” so before you think about what you will about this satellite of the capital we have a rather blossoming musical scene.

The likes of D.T.A, BBC Three counties, the hat factory & Dark Party ensure that this town isn’t musically dull. Something of great hope in days when we are scared of the humble pig sneeze. So please enjoy everything that this blog and pod has to offer, but please make an effort to see some music go and dance like an idiot but importantly TELL ME IF YOU LIKE THIS! Because above all If I make a tiny difference out of this I will be happy. But I assure you I have been firmly been bitten by this project, I feel almost like I’m 15 again so expect more pods and blogs over the summer.


Mitch Freeley (Editor Luton Music Pod/Blog)


Here is the First Link up for the podcast... Unfortunately various Internet problems on this the first day has enabled me to put the pod up on a fancy media player for you to listen on! but fear not ill employ some boffins on the case enjoy this file all the same! Luton Music Podcast week 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment